Saturday, April 14, 2012

April 14: Jasmine

Tonight Lee and I tried a new Thai restaurant in Franklin. I think we've been to 2 others so far, and despite this one being close to places I shop often, we always seem to overlook it.


It had good reviews on all the rating sites online, and it seems to have gotten favorable attention in the past as well.




The decor was nice. It was better than I would expect from a strip mall restaurant.


There were lounge cushions on the benches. I've never seen this before.


I ordered Red Curry with vegetables, spiced to level 2 of 5.


Lee ordered Pad Kee Mao with pork, and since it's description said, "spicy", he didn't specify a number.


They were both delicious! I tasted a little of Lee's noodles without the pork and it reminded me of Pad See Ew at Fusion in Greenwood. Of course, neither of the dishes were really spicy enough for us, so we asked for the sauces.


I liked the red sauce to the right, but Lee liked them all. He tried them all first, and then used them all at once in kind of a suicide-soda-drink-except-it's-spicy-sauce-for-your-food sort of thing. I think he got it too spicy because his eyes started to water. The one at the back had super hot green chilies, so I bet that's what did it.


I'm not sure if this is an acceptable way to eat the rice that comes with curry, but I always pour the sauce on it. It looks cool and tastes good this way.


We both enjoyed this restaurant very much.


Don't forget the peppermints!


After dinner we went in a used furniture store called F. Keepers.


They have some nice tables in there. The workers in the store hand you a little paper with color codes on it. The tags are different colors and some of them have percent-off discounts. Most of the tables have orange tags.


We didn't buy anything, but it was fun to look around. The sky tonight was very pretty against the mountains, although they don't show up well in this picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment