Monday, April 2, 2012

April 1: Greek Yogurt

(I'm a day late posting this because I had a little trouble setting up the blog)

Today, I tried Greek yogurt for the first time!




I bought it at Publix on sale last week, and decided the vanilla honey flavor would be fun to try in a parfait for breakfast.


I started with a layer of frozen blueberries on the bottom, topped with a spoonful of Honey Bunches of Oats with Vanilla Bunches. Then I added a layer of the yogurt, followed by bananas and another layer of bunches. One more layer of yogurt and bunches after that, and I topped it off with a couple dry roasted almonds.

 

It was delicious! It was creamy and tangy, with a hint of vanilla. I loved the crunch of the bunches and the sweetness of the fruit. The salty almonds added a very nice touch. And it was very filling. I wasn't even that hungry for lunch when we got home from church at 12:45, which is very unusual!


What a good first new thing to try and a beautiful bright morning! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment