Thursday, April 5, 2012

April 5: Thai Chicken/Peanut Enchiladas New Recipe

Tonight I tried a new recipe! If you would like to try the recipe yourself, you can find it here: Thai Chicken Enchiladas

I got a few good pictures of the prep. Lee and I like to eat the rainbow, so I opted for a purple cabbage.


The recipe also called for 4 cloves of garlic. I only went with two because I thought 4 might be overpowering, and I'd already used a few of these cloves, and they're big!


Don't forget to slice the green onions!


Here is the veggie mixture in the pot during cooking...I told you we like to eat the rainbow! Here you see purple cabbage, yellow onion, carrots, orange and red bell pepper, green onions, chopped peanuts and cilantro.


Now comes the assembly. Chicken for Lee:


And a smear of natural peanut butter for me:


I put little pieces of cabbage on mine so I wouldn't get them mixed up and accidentally eat Lee's chicken. :P


Now into the oven! We tried Lee's new Blackstone Nut Brown Ale while we waited on the enchiladas. I thought it was good, but I think I prefer something lighter, like New Belgium's Dig. Dig tastes very citrusy, grapefruity. :) Lee loved the brown ale.


The enchiladas smelled awesome after coming out of the oven. The sauce was so abundant and a little thin, so I went with bowls instead of plates. I added a few tortilla chips.


Yum! It's very different, but we love it! The tortilla chips in the sauce taste good! In Lee's words: "This is up there, wife! This has got to be one of the best things you've ever made. This has got to be one of the best things I've ever eaten!" Mine is sweeter than his from the peanut butter. (He also really likes mine). The cilantro really stands out. I'm really glad I added sriracha to the sauce. The thai chili sauce wasn't nearly spicy enough for us.

If I can figure out how to make this in less time, we will probably be having this again. :) I'm glad there are leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment