Saturday, April 7, 2012

April 7: Super Music Nerd Tries Three Against Two

This morning, Lee and I went on a walk/run. Now, he's about average height for a man, but I'm a little vertically challenged (thanks Mama!). This means that most of the time I'm struggling to catch up to him because my legs are so much shorter. Here is a picture of Lee running:


And here is a picture of me running:


Here we are running together:


Clearly, our strides don't match up (haha not really clear to you guys, but trust me okay!).

Today while we were running side by side, I noticed my feet were hitting the ground much more often than his were just to keep up with him. I bet his stride is as long as I am tall. :P Anyway, after I tried to sync up with him a couple times and failed, I thought it would be cool to try 3 of my strides against 2 of his. This is something I've done in music and it's pretty neat! Imagine your right hand playing in twos and your left hand playing in threes on the piano at the same time, against each other. Crazy stuff, but really fun once you get it and it sounds cool! It looks like this (top is right hand, bottom is left hand, and they play at the same time:


So I tried it, and I think I almost got it to work a couple times, but not enough to count. I think it would be easier if we were walking. It was a fun experiment, and definitely something I've never done before! We still had a good walk even though we struggled to keep the same pace.



Also, Lee said he thinks the reason sidewalk curves like this is because Chuck Norris was standing there when they were pouring it, and everybody was too afraid of him to ask him to move so they just went around him. (Ignore the manhole cover...some of the curves don't have it so Chuck Norris IS the most probable explanation! :P)


No comments:

Post a Comment